Sunday, November 20, 2016

December 2016

It's time for Jingle Bells, Ho! Ho! Ho! and Holiday Festivities!

This is the time of year when most of us are asked to play a few Christmas tunes or family favorites. When I was growing up, I would go to relatives' and friends' homes, and people would ask me to play. Unfortunately I couldn't, because I didn't bring my sheet music along!  I was too tied to my sheet music.

There are many simple Christmas tunes, however, that can be learned by ear.  First year students will learn Jingle Bells, and the rest of  the  students will learn one-to-three songs by ear: Away in a Manger, Silent Night, and Joy to the World.

This will be an opportunity for all students to learn music by ear, simple chord progressions and basic accompaniment patterns.  And an extra challenge: students who know several major scales will be asked to make simple music arrangements utilizing different keys and different styles of music.

Free Christmas sheet music may be found at 8 notes, https://www.8notes.com/piano/christmas/sheet_music/

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment